Ref. No: 301
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR WORK CONTRACTS IN INTERBALKAN ENVIRONMENT CENTER,
Intebalkan Environment Center (I-BEC), participates in the European Project “EIFFEL – Revealing the role of GEOSS as the default digital portal for building climate change adaptation & mitigation applications”, HORIZON 2020. The project has duration 36 months, i-BEC’s budget is 353,125.00€ and it receives funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme.
For the implementation of the Project, i-BEC invites candidates to submit applications for 1 position through the award of a work contract, for the time period from the signing of the contract until 31/5/2022. The contract may be extended until the expiry date of the project 31/5/2024 (and if extended until expiry) and within the approved budget limits.
The following items will be implemented as part of Work Packages 2 – Co-Design of Climate Change applications based on GEOSS, and 5 – Development of the EIFFEL CC applications based on GEOSS.
Agricultural applications and services using Land Observation data: analysis and processing of spectral signatures
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography
- Postgraduate degree in Soil Science
- Doctoral diploma related to spectroscopy
- Computer knowledge
- At least 3 years of experience in programming and using applications with Earth Observation data in the agricultural sector, and in the analysis and processing of spectroscopy data
- At least 3 publications in scientific journals related to spectroscopy
- Experience in collecting field data using Earth Observation data
|1||Bachelor’s degree mark||mark * 40|
|3||Doctoral diploma||30 (good), 50 (very good), 70 (excellent)|
|5||Experience (per month) – 84 months max||7 (per month)|
|6||Publications in scientific journals (per publication)||40 per publication|
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of the degrees
- Copies of the certifications mentioned in the CV and are relevant to the qualifications.
Those selected will be employed in the facilities of the Inter-Balkan Environmental Center, as well as where the research or training programs and projects of the I-BEC or the services related to its activities are provided and carried out, and within the operating hours of the I-BEC.
Applications should be submitted via E-mail at email@example.com, no later than the 3/6/2021.
For more information please contact at +302394023485 (Mrs Papadopoulou Danae).
EVALUATION PROCEDURE – OTHER CONDITIONS
- From all the applications submitted, according to the above specifications, the one that best meets the project’s requirements will be selected and awarded a work contract.
- Only applications submitted within the period mentioned above will be considered. In case of postal submission, the Interbalkan Environmental Center will not bear any responsibility for the submission time or the content of the files that will be sent. Changes to the application (replacements, corrections or submission of additional documents) are not allowed after the expiration of the deadline.
- It should be noted that the invitation for awarding work contracts in the framework of the project is not a competitive tendering procedure, while the potential selection of counterparties should be interpreted as an acceptance of a proposal for hiring and not as “hiring”. The aforementioned process will be completed with the announcement of a ranking list, while those candidates selected will be personally notified. In case of a tie, the candidate whose application has a) the longest experience, b) the greatest bachelor’s degree mark, or c) the greatest master’s degree mark, will be selected.
- The candidate who is first in the ranking list and has the highest score in all the criteria scored will be the one to be selected. If he / she is prevented, the next candidate is selected until the rank order is exhausted.
- Any submitted candidacy that does not meet the criteria of the call will not be examined any further and will be automatically rejected.
- Throughout the duration of the project it is possible that the selected candidate(s) may be replaced, if necessary, by other candidate(s) of the present call and in accordance with the ranking list.
- The contract may be extended without limitation, upon the decision of the competent body of the Interbalkan Environmental Center, provided that the required credit for the project is available, without a new invitation, until the project’s expiry date (and if the project is extended until expiry).
- This call for expression of interest does not, under any circumstances, bind the Interbalkan Environmental Center to establish cooperation with stakeholders and does not create any labor claims. The Interbalkan Environmental Center reserves the right to select the candidate, and it remains in the Committee’s full discretion to conclude or not the relevant contracts, excluding any claim by the candidates.
- The work contract awarded shall comply with the general and specific guidelines of the funding mechanism.