The Mediterranean area suffers from extremely high rates of youth and female unemployment. To face this challenge, GREENLAND promotes social inclusion and fight against poverty by providing unskilled and underprivileged young people with marketable skills in the Green and Circular Economy, with the potential to generate thousands of jobs.
The GREENLAND project has the following 3 specific objectives:
- increase employability of NEETs (up to 30 y.o.) and women (all ages) by providing these target groups with marketable skills and qualifications to prepare them for skill-based occupations, piloted within Green and Circular Economy (GaCE) sectors, and reduce skill mismatches.
- promote connections between TVETs, Public institutions, social inclusion actors and SMEs operating in the GaCE sectors with the final aim of increasing the number of networks and actions supporting women and youth employment and fostering policy innovations.
- Provide innovative approaches to activities such as skills assessment, data profiling, training, coaching, tutorial-based career guidance with e-tools and colloquia on site that will improve access to job-placement and TVET programs targeting NEETs and Women interested in the GaCE sectors.
The GREENLAND outputs include labour market analysis to identify and implement:
- 1 e-Learning project platform involving 2,900 NEETs and women
- 1 entrepreneurial green network
- 7 long-term action plans
- 210 national/cross-border traineeships in SMEs operating in the Green and Blue Economy sectors
- 18 job-shadowing for key staff of policy-making institutions
- 150 part-time and 150 full-time contracts
- 20 social employment initiatives by public institutions and civil society organizations
- Regione Calabria-Dipartimento Programmazione Comunitaria, Ufficio della Cooperazione Territoriale Europea e sede di Bruxelles – Italy (Lead Beneficiary)
- Planning and Development Agency (PDA) -Libanon
- National Agricultural Research Centre (NARC) – Jordan
- Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport (AASTMT)-Egypt
- Hisham Hijjawi College of Technology (HHCOT)-Palestine
- E.M. Associazione ARCES (ARCES Association)-Italy
- Universidade do Algarve / University of Algarve (UALG)-Portugal
- European Regional Framework for Co-operation (E.F.R.C.)-Greece
- Interbalcan Environment Center (I-BEC)- Greece
The project has a total budget of € 3.9 million and is funded by the EU under the ENI CBC Med Programme by 90% (€ 3.5 million), while it has a 30-months duration (16/10/2020-15/04/2023).
Project Website: http://www.enicbcmed.eu/projects/greenland